[ic] A la Carte IC tag functionality

Hicks, Sam shicks at mcfina.com
Mon Nov 15 22:43:22 UTC 2010

Hi all.

I am looking for help with an interchange instance that is being used as
the base for a custom web app.

What I want to do right now is have a standalone perl script pass some
html/text through the interchange tag-parsing modules/methods *without*
all the fixins of our custom web app (the running interchange daemon,
the web-server, db configuration etc.)

I actually have successfully parsed some core ITL tags just by doing:

	use Vend::Interpolate;

    	Vend::Interpolate::interpolate_html( $text );

But we have some custom UserTags in our instance that I would like to be
able to handle in the same way. I have tried to get the custom tag
'functionality' into memory with such ideas as:

	use Vend::Config;
	Vend::Config::global_directives();
	Vend::Config->global_config();
	use Vend::Dispatch;
	Vend::Dispatch::update_global_actions();
	use Vend::Parse;
	Vend::Parse->global_init;

...in various combinations, to no avail. I have been weaving through the
code in the above modules, and in particular I think that the
interchange variable

	$Vend::Cfg->{UserTag}

...might be important-- it remains empty regardless of any of the above
steps, but perhaps if I know how to get that into the same state that
the regular application stack does, I'll be there.

One of my hopes, however, is to NOT need to load every module in the
codebase, or to need/query a running interchange server. For performance
reasons.

Any tips or ideas welcome.