[ic] Filter doesn't interpolate by default? Wha...?

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Sat Nov 27 05:29:23 UTC 2010

> From: jon at endpoint.com
> >
> > And no record of the decision in git as it goes back to the dawn of our
> > CVS repo before the great tag breakout. What really surprises me is
> > that no-one has complained about it until now.
>
> I have certainly run into problems with the behavior.
>
> However, since so much filtering is done on data from scratch, values,
> CGI, and variables, it doesn't make sense to interpolate another tag
> anyway. Thus these additions from way back:

Yeah, me too. I would hit a wall and end up using sql-filter, or the filter param on cgi, etc. However, I didn't know it worked with [scratch]. I looked a little bit in the docs, but I think I assumed that if it worked on [scratch] I would have remembered.

That was actually my first choice, but you know what they say, assumptions make a dummy of me and mmm look pancakes...

Or something like that :-)

Paul