[ic] Filter doesn't interpolate by default? Wha...?

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Sat Nov 27 13:06:11 UTC 2010

Quoting Peter (peter at pajamian.dhs.org):
> On 27/11/10 11:37, Mike Heins wrote:
> > Quoting Paul Jordan (paul at gishnetwork.com):
> >> ???
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I just realized something... or maybe it recently changed?
> >>
> >> [tmp foo]abcdefghijk[/tmp]
> >> [filter 5.][scratch foo][/filter]
> >>
> >> Output: [scra...
> >>
> >> I am having a difficult time imagining a situation when one would use
> >> [filter foo][/filter] without some sort of ITL tag in-between them. Are we
> >> sure it's default should be interpolate=no? I am also surprised to see it's
> >> reparse default set to yes.
> >>
> >> I'm basing this off trial, and the docs.
> >>
> >> http://www.icdevgroup.org/interchange-doc-5.2.0/frames/ictags_63.html
> >
> > I am having a hard time understanding my thinking about that
> > too.
>
> And no record of the decision in git as it goes back to the dawn of our
> CVS repo before the great tag breakout.  What really surprises me is
> that no-one has complained about it until now.

The filter tag comes from Minivend days, and the early days of UserTag,
so the lack of planning was all mine.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.328.4479  <mike at perusion.com>

Celebrate Diversity...
except veterans, small-business owners, practicing Catholics, gun
owners, talk-radio listeners, tea-party attendees, Texans, smokers, limited-
government proponents, pro-lifers, taxpayers, NASCAR fans, Boy Scouts,
oil-company employees, secure-border advocates, capitalists, global-
warming agnostics, Cuban refugees, school-choicers.. -- Peter Kirsanow