[ic] Using IC to track orders and estimates/costs

Carlc Internet Services mvu at carlc.com
Thu Oct 21 13:41:57 UTC 2010

Racke is correct. I built something similar years ago for a blinds company. I created the pricing database as multiarray so that
as you pick the different pieces, it would calculate the proper cost. If I recall, it was three dimensions (width, length,
thickness/type of blind). You can do this in interchange and in my opinion, is one of the strongest reasons to use interchange
over other carts because you can do very heavy customized work of this type in interchange easily. I seem to remember I also had
it as a loadable csv file (the original multiarray was in .xls format) and they would upload any price changes/configuration
changes via the interchange control panel. But this was back with interchange 5.0, so it's been about 7-8 years ago.

Carl
http://www.carlc.com/ - Hosting Interchange (Mvend) for over 10 years now.