[ic] time and convert_date oddities

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Mon Aug 8 04:03:58 UTC 2011

Quoting Paul Jordan (paul at gishnetwork.com):

> I was noticing some differences of using "%X" in the below, and
> found an additional head scratcher.
>
> Test code:
> [time fmt="%X"]<br />
> [convert_date fmt="%X"][time fmt="%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"][/convert_date]
> [convert_date fmt="%X"]2011-08-07 12:34:56[/convert_date]
>
> Produces this:
> 02:51:44
> 02:51:00 AM
> 12:34:00 PM
>
> The first thing I notice is that AM/PM is added when using
> convert_date, and the docs don't show %X as outputting this. The
> second thing I notice is that the seconds place is always 00 for
> convert_date. I don't need the seconds in this case, I'm just trying
> to be complete in my observations.
>
> Are these expected, bugs, or am I misunderstanding some usage?

What I don't understand is why you want to use %X. It's behavior
is indeterminate as far as Interchange or Perl is concerned -- it's
the OS doing what it does.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.328.4479  <mike at perusion.com>

The problem with Internet quotations is that many of them
are not genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln