[ic] 5.3 vs. 5.2 gift certs

Josh Lavin josh at perusion.net
Wed Dec 14 20:11:12 UTC 2011

On 12/12/2011 09:49 AM, Glenn McCalley wrote:
> So after reading and trying and researching and reading and trying it
> seems that even though some of the code and the database files and a
> couple of other things exist in the base 5.2 release, gift certs wasn't
> -really- part of IC until 5.3. Correct? I mean, simply setting the
> product indicator "gift_cert" to "1" doesn't create a gift_certs
> database entry or create a redemption code etc., etc., I'm looking at an
> upgrade or back-porting some 5.3 or better code into 5.2?

The gift_cert column on products is only there to make price be quantity
on an item when set to 1 (as long as the flypage and basket are coded
for this). The rest of the gift certificate functionality you'll find in
the 'standard' demo files:

https://github.com/interchange/interchange/tree/master/dist/standard

Look for the phrases 'pay_cert' or 'cert' in etc/log_transaction,
pages/ord/checkout.html, etc. If you update your catalog files, you can
offer gift certificate ordering and redemption, without having to
upgrade Interchange (which wouldn't upgrade your catalog files anyways).

--
Josh Lavin