[ic] Using an external mail host

Sam Batschelet sbatschelet at me.com
Fri Feb 4 21:38:05 UTC 2011

On Feb 4, 2011, at 4:17 PM, Janine Ohmer wrote:

> I have an Interchange 5.2.0 installation that has always sent mail through the local copy of sendmail.  Now I need to change it so that it uses an external mail host (which is running Postfix, but I think that's irrelevant).
>
> I can't find anything about this in the documentation or in Google.  I am guessing that I need to set MV_SMTPHOST, in interchange.cfg, to the name of my new mail server, but since this is a live installation I wanted to confirm that before I try it.
>
> Is there anything else I need to do?  I looked around in the admin interface but if this is there, I did not see it.

Have not tested this but according to the docs your right  http://docs.icdevgroup.org/offline/vars.html#MV_SMTPHOST .  Also take a look at this http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2008-May/048985.html regarding TLS authentication not sure where we are with this or if you need it.

HTH
-Sam