[ic] Is shipmode is selected by generous regex? Odd problem

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Wed Jan 19 15:37:10 UTC 2011

In rearranging my shipmodes I noticed something odd. In my country file I
have 'usps'. In my shipping.asc I have:

usps_actual: Yadda Yaddda Yadda

usps_promo: Yadda Yaddda Yadda

usps: Yadda Yaddda Yadda

The last one is the main one named in the country record, and the last one
forwards ">>" to usps_promo or usps_actual depending. The interesting thing
is though, usps_actual is the only one that is ever ran.

If I rename the first to to actual_usps and promo_usps (so usps is not at
the beginning), everything works as expected. Are shipmodes selected (for
display) by some generous REGEX that is finding usps_actual and thinking
that is the usps mode?

Paul