[ic] Credit Card Processing - Hooking up simple HTTP processing

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at elirion.net
Thu Jan 27 22:13:25 UTC 2011

Samuel Mullen wrote:
> Interchange Users,
>
> I've been asked to add CC processing to my client's e-commerce system. It
> currently uses Interchange 4.8.6 (I'm sure it needs upgraded, but they can't
> afford it). In any case, I can write the code to speak with the CC
> processing company it's just a GET, POST, or SOAP, but I've no idea where in
> the process that call would occur - or even what part of the library. It
> appears that things go from checkout.html to the receipt page (aka
> process.html) and something magical happens in between.

Looks like you're in danger of re-inventing the wheel.  Interchange
already supports numerous CC processing gateways.  Look at
Vend::Payment.  You configure the gateway in catalog.cfg.

Interchange also comes with Vend::Payment::BusinessOnlinePayment, so you
can make use of the many Business::OnlinePayment modules on the CPAN.

If you're targeting a gateway that's not supported by Vend::Payment or
Business::OnlinePayment, the best approach would be to write a custom
Vend::Payment subclass or a Business::OnlinePayment module for your gateway.

Regards,

	Richard Siddall

P.S. Can your client pass PCI/DSS if they don't upgrade to the latest
version?