[ic] log_transaction... goto tag with no name or target label?

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Mon Jun 20 20:25:32 UTC 2011

Quoting Paul Jordan (paul at gishnetwork.com):

> >From: Mike Heins
> >> Quoting Paul Jordan (paul at gishnetwork.com):
> >>
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I was updating my log_transaction with one from, I don't know, 5.6.3
> >> or above, and I was noticing that the *goto* tag is used in there,
> >> but there is no name attribute, nor is there any label in the file.
> >>
> >> Is there some sort of default behavior for nameless goto tags? The
> >> docs on devgroup didn't mention anything, and Kevin's docs actually
> >> had a warning about name/label-less goto's....
> >
> >Without a name, it should just go to the end of the input.
>

> Thanks Mike.
>
> For some reason my emails get caught up in the mail-list's system,
> so you may not get this till tomorrow.
>
> I am kinda surprised of your use of the word *should*. Unless I am
> mistaken, there are like 6 nameless goto's in the link Josh provided
> earlier for the current log_transaction. Months ago I inquired about
> the ability to use this tag as you say - is this an expected result,
> or an observation of a side effect?

It is more an acknowledgement that I wrote that code 11 years ago....

> I had originally wanted to use goto as if it was a "return;" for the
> page, or code being input - and it sounds like I can?

Yes.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.328.4479  <mike at perusion.com>

The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependent on it,
can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the
universe to do. -- Galileo