[ic] California Sales Tax

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Mon Mar 7 03:41:42 UTC 2011

Quoting Tom Friedel (tom at readyink.com):

> Thanks, Pete, for the idea, but I am told we do need to compute
> sales tax for all ....
>
> FAQ #7 says;
>
> If you are a retailer who???s only business location is in a
> district, you must generally report and pay the district???s
> transactions tax on all your sales unless:
>
> You, your agent, or a common carrier ships or delivers the property
> to an out-of-state or out-of-district location, or

I read that as that you have to pay *your own* district's tax on sales
within your district, not anyone else's. I would suggest you talk to
an attorney for a few moments about it.

(Though relying on an FAQ which misapplies "who's" versus whose
seems chancy.)

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.328.4479  <mike at perusion.com>

One conclusion should be obvious: If nations such as Indonesia,
Bangladesh and Thailand can not make themselves inoffensive to Militant
Islamism there is no way that the United States could perform such a
feat, no matter which policies we changed or how much our public
diplomacy improved. -- Clifford May