[ic] mysql having problems reconnecting on catalog reconfig

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Thu Nov 10 19:17:51 UTC 2011

Quoting Peter (peter at pajamian.dhs.org):
> On 11/11/11 03:29, Mike Heins wrote:
> >> Going forward, perhaps it makes sense to reset %DBI_connect_bad
> >> on a catalog reconfig.
>
> That's not a bad idea either, where would that be done, or how?

I think it might make sense to put in a (couple of?) SpecialSub
link(s). Perhaps

	SpecialSub   pre_reconfig   global_reset_dbi
	SpecialSub   post_reconfig   global_reset_dbi

Then in your global sub:

GlobalSub <<EOS
sub global_reset_dbi {
	%Vend::Table::DBI::DBI_connect_bad = ();
}
EOS

I don't think we want to touch this by default in the current version.
I doubt there are many, if any, using ALT_DSN, though, and that would
be ripe for removal in future versions.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.328.4479  <mike at perusion.com>

Any man who is under 30, and is not liberal, has not heart; and any man
who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has not brains.
 -- unknown, often falsely attributed to Winston Churchill