[ic] UI -> Switch User -> No dealer profile set

NEST @ Yahoo nest_consulting at yahoo.ca
Fri Nov 11 04:12:53 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I'm trying to setup a catalog so that I can easily place orders "as the
customer", starting from the backend UI, including order profiles settings
for dealers/distributors, and stay within 1 browser only.

I run IC 5.6.3 and I have simple items working with quantity pricings
perfectly fine when logging in as a customer in the front-end of the site.
Items have no options and no matrix, but they have qty pricings.

I figured this could possibly work using one of the following ways, but both
methods present a problem:

Method 1)
--------
>From UI: To be able to either show/apply quantity pricings in the
admin/entry.html page.

I'm really not sure how to go about this. Has anyone implemented this
before?
--------
OR

Method 2)
--------
>From UI: Switch to the user from the customer page, leading to frond-end, to
complete the order "as the customer" would do, and get back to admin
afterwards.

The problem here is that it doesn't set the dealer/distributor profile when
switching to a user, do I don't see the dealer pricings. Is there an easy
way to apply the profile switch in the code?
--------

Of course, method 1 would be best as everything would be doable in the
backend directly, but method 2 would be viable. I need to be able to do this
within 1 browser.

Thank you
Martin H.
N.E.S.T. Solutions