[ic] catalog working, no admin/login, unable to checkout

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Thu Sep 1 02:07:09 UTC 2011

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011, Curt Hauge wrote:

> I now have  /usr/bin/perl -v #This is perl, v5.8.8 built for
> x86_64-linux-thread-multi
> and		/usr/local/bin/perl -v #This is perl, v5.10.0 built for
> x86_64-linux
>
> As root I checked 'which perl' and saw this:
> /usr/bin/perl #which is what I expected
> (but, alas...it now reports: /usr/local/bin/perl)  <--could that be an issue
> and how did it happen?

That's normal. Try `echo $PATH` and you will see /usr/local/bin comes
earlier than /usr/bin, which is why /usr/local/bin/perl is the one that
runs when you don't specify a path.

> I then installed the bundle like this:
> perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::Interchange'
>
> Question 1: Should I be installing the bundle with /use/local/bin/perl or
> /usr/bin/perl?

That depends on which perl you want to use for Interchange. I presume you
installed /usr/local/bin/perl because you want to use that one, so that's
the one to use.

> I finally got the bundle to install, but I cannot get the kitchensink to
> finish up, so...

If you can't get everything in Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink to install,
you need to stop there and fix whatever the problem is till it installs.
Otherwise trying to run Interchange is going to run into problems.

> 74.117.242.45 K7Mcfhbm:74.117.242.45 - [31/August/2011:13:32:59 -0400] fts1
> /cgi-bin/fts1/ord/finalize.html Runtime error: mv_metadata import into
> failed: sdbm store returned -1, errno 22, key "kinventory" at
> /home/funtime/fts1/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/Common.pm line 513, <IN> line
> 121.

That error mentioning sdbm makes it sound like you did not have gdbm-devel
and gdbm installed before building your new perl. You should do:

yum install gdbm-devel

Then rebuild your local perl or possibly just `cpan GDBM`.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen
End Point Corporation