[ic] catalog working, no admin/login, unable to checkout

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Thu Sep 1 23:43:57 UTC 2011

On 01/09/11 15:49, Peter wrote:
> On 01/09/11 14:29, IC Support wrote:
>> OK, I figured everything out, I forgot my host set my VPS SSH on port 1022
>> while DirectAdmin is on 2222. I am now into installing local perl and failed
>> 1 test. I can't quite figure out where to go from here:
>>
>> I went here ../cpan/Cwd/t and did:
>> perl ./cwd.t
>>
>> and got this:
>> opendir(linktest/../../../../../../../../../..): Permission denied at
>> ./cwd.t line 213
>> not ok 25
>> #   Failed test at ./cwd.t line 213.
>> #                   ''
>> #     doesn't match
>> '(?i-xsm:\/home\/curt\/perl\-5\.12\.4\/cpan\/Cwd\/t\/_ptrslt_\/_path_\/_to_\
>> /_a_\/_dir_$)'
>>
>> and looked up line 213:
>> like(Cwd::_perl_abs_path($file), qr|$want$|i) if $EXTRA_ABSPATH_TESTS;
>>
>> looks like it wants a path, I don't have a linktest path...
>
> Is this the initial perl install or the CPAN modules install?  I think
> you may be trying to install modules as an unprivlidged user here, but
> the perl is installed as root and so CPAN needs to be run as root as well.
>
> I'm guessing this is the Bundle::CPAN install, but you don't really say?

I just tried to recreate this and could not.  I was able to (following
the directions in the guide) build a new perl 5.12.4 and install
Bundle::CPAN, Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink and DBD::Pg all without a
hitch.  In fact it looks like CentOS 5 no longer has finally upgraded
Expat to fix the bug there so that forcing XML::Parser was not even
necessary (I'll be updating my guide to reflect that, and the newer
5.12.4 version of Perl).

Peter