[ic] {Spam?} Problems with indirect login and checkout

Rick Bragg lists at gmnet.net
Fri Sep 16 18:25:54 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am using indirect login (email address) and I am having the following
2 problems at checkout

1)
When somebody checks out with an email address that IS already in the
system, it creates a new user with the username (i.e. U0002) in the
email address field. That is fine. Brilliant in fact! However it does
not enter their name, address, and other info.  In the error log there
is a set_slice error with duplicate key entry which makes sense.  What
is creating this new user with USERID in the email field (which is
great), and how can I make sure that their name address phone etc is
also recorded?  I don't care too much about the set_slice error since it
is silent.

2)
When somebody checks out with an email address that is NOT YET in the
system, a new user is created perfectly, however the customer gets an
error on their screen.  In the error log, I see Auto-create of user
failed Reason: Cannot log in after new account creation.  In the
userdb.log I see "Denied attempt to login with nonexistent (indirect
from email) user name 'U0002'.  Can I shut off indirect here to allow
the login?

Thanks!
Rick