[ic] catalog template issues

IC Support ic_support at mnwebdesign.com
Wed Sep 21 00:50:34 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:37 PM David Christensen said:

> On Sep 20, 2011, at 3:47 PM, Curt Hauge wrote:
>
> > Thought I would try reword this and see if it helps my request for
> > information.
> >
> > When I have these tags in my pages:
> >
> > @_LEFTONLY_TOP_@
> >
> > @_LEFTONLY_BOTTOM_@
>
> What happens if you replace the @_LEFTONLY_TOP_@ with [var
> LEFTONLY_TOP]?
I get the same result

> Are those the stock regions, or have they
> been customized?
They are pretty much stock

> Are the test catalogs using the same
> regions and same contents for the catalog regions?
No, and I have moved them before, but...

This is an old foundation cat. This is the code from
/templates/components/category_vertical component that is causing the
internal server error. I have nothing but column names in my 'cat' database,
I only use 'area' on this catalog at this time.

This line, in the below code, breaks everything: [box-exec
bar_link]area[/box-exec]
More specifically, the 'bar-link' is the culprit:

<!-- BEGIN COMPONENT [control component category_vertical] -->
[timed-build auto=1 if="[control timed 0]" minutes="[control timed 0]"]
[set found_cat][/set]
[loop
	prefix=box
	search="
		fi=area
		st=db
		tf=sort
		ac=0
		ac=0
		co=yes
		sf=sel
		op=eq
		se=[control set_selector left]
		sf=which_page
		op=rm
		se=[control page_class all|@@MV_PAGE@@]
"]
      <b>[box-exec bar_link]area[/box-exec]</b> <!--THIS IS THE TROUBLE -->
[set found_cat]1[/set]
[loop prefix=cat
	search="
		fi=cat
		st=db
		tf=sort
		tf=name
		rf=code,name
		sf=sel
		se=[box-code]
	"
	]
        [cat-exec bar_link]cat[/cat-exec]<BR>
[/loop]

[/loop]
[if !scratch found_cat]
[loop
    search="
        ra=yes
        tf=description
    "
    ]
        [page [loop-code]][loop-field description][/page]<BR>
[/loop]
[/if]
[/timed-build]

[end snip]

When I remove that line I see the page, minus the areas on the left. When I
grep 'box-exec' I find nothing in /interchange and only see this in
/CATROOT:

templates/components/category_vertical:      <b>[box-exec
bar-link]area[/box-exec]</b>

And if I change that line to <b>[box-exec]area[/box-exec]</b>

I get the page but the left side shows errors where an 'area' would be, like
this:

ERROR
ERROR
ERROR

Can anyone explain what might be happening here? I have a pretty stock
theme.cfg in /templates/foundation/

Thanks,

Curt