[ic] access_gate standing - obsolete?

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Fri Sep 23 05:01:32 UTC 2011

Someone recently mentioned to me that their recall was that .access_gate
(and I assume .access) might be considered obsolete. This could have just be
their unfamiliarity with it, but I wanted to see if this is so or not. I
find it still works perfect for http and https on at least 5.6.3.

I use access_gate as a BACKUP mode of security, but if it has the potential
of disappearing in the distro, then I will look for another backup method.

If I continue to use it, I want to know it's still relevant.

Thank you

Paul Jordan