[ic] Use of global variable

IC Support ic_support at mnwebdesign.com
Sat Sep 24 23:31:16 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have a variable defined in IC 5.6.3 interchange.cfg:
Variable COPY_TEXT Copyright 2011 domain.com

However, I cannot access on any page using this:

@@COPY_TEXT@@
or
[var COPY_TEXT 1]

If I instead put the variable in varable.txt:
COPY_TEXT	Copyright 2011 domain.com	Company

I can access the variable in these ways:
__COPY_TEXT__
and
[var COPY_TEXT]

But only within the main pages in CATROOT/pages. I can't use this in the
footer of the stock 'standard' page, I just get

__COPY_TEXT__

when I put '__COPY_TEXT__' in CATROOT/variables/COPYRIGHT

and no output using: [var COPY_TEXT]

Anyone have any idea what I am missing? According to the docs it should
work.

http://www.icdevgroup.org/docs/confs/Variable.html
http://www.icdevgroup.org/docs/glossary/variable.html
http://icdevgroup.org/docs/tags/var.html