[ic] Interchange 6: Status report and roadmap

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Mon Sep 26 12:03:19 UTC 2011

On 09/26/2011 08:27 AM, Kaare Rasmussen wrote:
> Hi
>> Interchange 6 is intended to be a collection of a number of
>> software components which reside on CPAN rather than a big
>> tarball.
> Not having followed ic closely for some time, this is the first time I see that it will be componetized. It certainly sounds interesting.
>
> I'm developing a new CMS from the ground up (which I expect to use it for all my future development), so I'll not be using Dancer as a framework. Do you think that the Interchange 6 components can be made so they can integrate into other environments and not just Dancer?

Yes, certainly. That's exactly my plan. The Interchange core modules are intended to be framework- and datasource agnostic,
e.g. Nitesi::Cart has only generic methods. Same will go for instance for payment methods.

On top of that you put some glue for your framework, data source. Please look at the existing examples:

http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Dancer::Plugin::Nitesi::Cart::Session
http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Dancer::Plugin::Nitesi::Cart::DBI

Regards
	Racke