[ic] Interchange 6 Features and Release date

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Tue Sep 27 08:15:26 UTC 2011

On 27/09/11 21:00, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> Hello, Interchange enthusiasts!
>
> The most answered questions about Interchange are - not very surprisingly -
> when it will be released and which features will be included.
>
> The answer to both questions go together, as the features implemented in
> the first release are an important factor for determining the release date.
>
> To get a better picture of your needs please reply and tell us about the
> features
> you want to see in Interchange 6 with a priority if possible.
>
> Just think of it as brainstorming.
>
> What we currently have is:
>
> Nitesi::Cart (basic cart functions, multiple carts) with Dancer backends
> for Session and DBI
> Nitesi::Account::Manager with DBI provider
>
> Please take at least a few minutes and give us your feedback on your
> feature wishlist!

I think releasing something very simple and basic for starters that we
can build on is a good plan.  I don't think we need to have loads of
features to start off with, but just a good solid framework that we can
work with going forward.  The only "feature" I would like to see is a
working demo shop that demonstrates those available features and can be
used as a starting point for those of us who don't want to build shops
from scratch.

Also consider that the more complex we make things to begin with the
longer the debugging process will be and the longer we will have before
we can have a stable release.

Peter