[ic] Dancer

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Wed Dec 5 23:04:04 UTC 2012

Quoting Busarow Dan (dan at buildingonline.com):
> Just curious on the progress of IC6 and Dancer.
>
> I saw the Interchange Roadmap a while back and I looked into Dancer.
> I've since started using Dancer for all new database driven websites.
> I love it.

I am using Dancer a fair amount as well. But looking at mapping
IC to it, there is a big enough paradigm shift that a complete
rewrite seems like the only possibility.

The heart of IC is Vend::Dispatch::dispatch(), and that routine is
intertwined with all aspects of the IC model. We determine catalog,
session, configuration, etc. long before we deal with the entry URL.
I suppose you could farm all that out to a standard subroutine run
at the top of every URL entry point...but it is a bit of a stretch.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.253.4194  <mike at perusion.com>

Life isn't fair, but it's good. -- Regina Brett