[ic] IC -> Nitesi/Dancer

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 01:35:14 UTC 2012

I was planning on continuing with IC5 for awhile and eventually rewriting
the shop for IC6 or maybe something non-Perl, but something just struck me.

It sounds like Racke has Nitesi's basic functionality working to the point
where he's built a live store for it.  Given that my shop uses very few IC
conventions and assuming those conventions are available from Nitesi and
Dancer, once the ITL is rewritten in Perl, could it be relatively simple to
rearrange the Perl chunks for Nitesi and have it running on that platform?

If so, this is an attractive option because the conversion from ITL to Perl
could be started immediately and completed gradually, and the performance
and flexibility benefit of the conversion would be realized along the way.
 If Nitesi doesn't turn out to be the right choice, the conversion would
still have been beneficial due to the performance and flexibility benefit
and the shop would be that much closer to integration with another
ecommerce Perl module.

- Grant