[ic] Chrome bug?

DB db at m-and-d.com
Wed Feb 8 23:07:09 UTC 2012

>> I've been hearing customers complain recently about a "no data received"
>> error when they try to checkout using Chrome on my 5.6.3 catalog. I had
>> one guy send me screen shots which I can provide if anyone cares. I
>> googled the error text and see alot of people running into this issue on
>> all manner of websites. I was wondering if anyone else has run into
>> this, and if anyone had thoughts on what if anything can be done.
>>

> This wouldn't be caused by some chrome related plugin causing traffic to get blocked in a robot config?
>
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2010-December/052475.html
>
> Just seems odd for it to be a browser bug but never know…
>
> -Sam

Well I spoke too soon. I did get this to happen on the servers other
catalog, again on the checkout page. The exact error said:

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection
without sending any data.

So perhaps this could be a robots thing still. Currently i have:

NotRobotUA <<EOR
    AskTB,
    Seekmo,
    SearchToolbar,
    MSIE,
    Gecko,
EOR

Would adding Chrome in there be worth a shot?

DB