[ic] long-lived sessions/carts?

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 17:10:50 UTC 2012

I'm currently expiring sessions after 2 days:

find /cat/tmp -type f -mtime +2 | xargs --no-run-if-empty rm && find
/cat/tmp -depth -type d -empty -mtime +2 | xargs --no-run-if-empty
rmdir && find /cat/session -type f -mtime +2 | xargs --no-run-if-empty
rm && find /cat/session -depth -type d -empty -mtime +2 | xargs
--no-run-if-empty rmdir

Has anyone tried waiting much longer than that?  Maybe 30, 60, or even
90 days?  When I'm shopping online, I've noticed it's nice to add
something to my cart and come back much later to find the item still
in there without having to create an account.

- Grant