[ic] FW: product bundles

Gert van der Spoel gert at 3edge.com
Thu Mar 15 08:29:43 UTC 2012

From: Jure Kodzoman [mailto:jure.kodzoman at informa.si]
Sent: donderdag 15 maart 2012 10:28
To: interchange-users at icdevgroup.org
Subject: Re: [ic] product bundles

On 03/14/2012 02:30 PM, cbraun3 > wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way of creating a product bundle (a collection of existing
> products)? I'm thinking about something similar to what amazon is
> doing with it's "Frequently Bought Together" feature, only that I want
> to be able to set a price for the bundle without being restrained by
> the individual products prices. Let's say I have product A with price
> P1 and product B with price P2, and I want to also create a bundle
> containing the two products, A and B, but the price of the bundle to
> be P3, not P1 + P2.
>
> Thank you,
> Cristian

Hi Cristian!

I've had experience with this, unfortunately i can't share the code
since it's very customized, but I can tell you what's the logic behind it.

You create a table (bundles) containing 2 columns

sku | bundle_sku

Then you add bundles as normal products in products table. If you want
to create prices automatically, you can write a simple IC job to do it,
otherwise you enter them manually. On the flypage, you can then display
what this bundle is made of etc.

I hope it helps! If you need more info, feel free to ask.

Regards,
jure

--
Jure Kodzoman

Informa Studio d.o.o. - Internet Marketing Company
Zadobrovška cesta 75
SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
+386 59 066 336
http://www.informastudio.com