[ic] Short codes and QR code generator

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Sat Mar 24 22:28:18 UTC 2012

> > Anybody have any work they can share using QR codes in IC, like a usertag or
> > such? Also looking for Short Codes (like bit.ly), mostly WRT to generating them.
> >

> I use this usertag for tinyurl service:
>

> UserTag tinyurl HasEndTag
> UserTag tinyurl Interpolate
>
> UserTag tinyurl Routine <<EOR
>
> sub {
> use strict;
> use LWP;
> my $input = $_[0];
> $input =~ s/^ht{2}p:\/{2}//;
> my $url = 'http://tinyurl.com/api-create.php?url=http://'.$input;
> my $browser = LWP::UserAgent->new;
> my $response = $browser->get($url);
> die "Can't get $url --", $response->status_line unless $response->is_success;
> return $response->content." "}
>
> EOR
>

> regards
> Salvador Caballé

Thanks Salvador. What I actually meant was I want to use my own domains - I need to create a system that spits out short codes for our own controlled and repurposable needs. Generating codes that leverage minimalistic goals, complete with exclusion lists, etc I've found is not found easily on the net (like in a module). So just wondering if someone has done some lifting, otherwise we have to do it from scratch.

That would be cool if there was a service that just generated unique shortcodes, but I don't see any.

Paul