[ic] Long-lived co=1 bug

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Sun May 20 09:02:46 UTC 2012

>>> I'm having a hard time pinning this down so I know when I need to use
>>> co=1 for a non-coordinated search.  Does anyone know when that is
>>> necessary?
>>
>> I think if the op= parameter is given.
>>
>> Bye
>>        Racke
>
> About 5 1/2 years later, I think I've got this more nailed down.
> Adding co=1 seems to be necessary unless there is only one sf/se block
> and op=eq is in affect.  Is this really a bug, or am I
> misunderstanding mv_coordinate?
>
> This document:
>
> http://docs.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/online/search/search_reference.html
>
> says:
>
> "the so-called "coordinated" search allows for multiple search options
> to be stacked on top of each other"
>
> but it seems to be necessary even when there is only one sf/se block
> unless using op=eq.
>
> - Grant

The following search returns products in the category "Widgets" and
products in the category "Big Widgets":

[loop search="fi=products/st=db/sf=category/se=Widgets/op=eq/nu=0"][/loop]

If I add co=1, only "Widgets" are returned.  According to the
documentation, co=1 "allows for multiple search options to be stacked
on top of each other".  I reported some exceptions to this above, but
now I'm thinking co=1 should be used in all searches?

- Grant