[ic] 2 stores sharing one product database

Glenn McCalley glenn at bnetmd.net
Fri May 25 00:04:16 UTC 2012

OK we are going to have a "traditional" version of a store and a "mobile"
version of a store, each with it's own catalog directory.
We want them to share a common product database.

Is it as easy (can't be...) as replacing the products.db in one store with a
symbolic link to the products.db in the other store (default Berkeley DB)?
Or would there have to be a restart for the "client" store when the shared
database is updated?

Glenn.