[ic] Perl CGI module (was: Safe error in payment module)

Dan Bergan dan at berganconsulting.com
Thu Nov 15 18:57:56 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 3:01 PM, Dan Bergan <dan at berganconsulting.com> wrote:
> I am playing around with Net::Braintree and trying to use their
> Transparent Redirect method.
>
> I have installed Net::Braintree and created a payment module.  When I
> process a payment, I am getting the following error:
>
> Safe: Real-time charge failed. Reason: payment routine 'braintreetr'
> returned error: Undefined subroutine CGI::delete at
> /usr/local/perl-5.8.9/lib/site_perl/5.8.9/Net/Braintree/TransparentRedirect/QueryString.pm
> line 18.
>
> line 18 in QueryString.pm:
>  my $query = CGI->new($query_string);

I have a little more information:

I moved the Net::Braintree code to a Global Usertag and called it from
a regular page rather than a payment route, and I am still getting
pretty much the same error message (just without the "Safe" message):

 Died in server spawn: Undefined subroutine CGI::delete
>  at /usr/local/perl-5.8.9/lib/site_perl/5.8.9/Net/Braintree/TransparentRedirect/QueryString.pm line 18.

I did some searching and I found this error message one other time in
the ic mail list:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2006-June/045605.html

But, it looks like Bill Carr was just able to remove the "use CGI"
from his code, so there was no resolution of the error.

Just to be sure it wasn't an issue with my perl setup, I created a
standalone script and ran it from the command line, and it appeared to
function correctly.

Does anyone know why the Perl CGI module fails in IC?

thanks -
Dan Bergan