[ic] Perl CGI module (was: Safe error in payment module)

Dan Bergan dan at berganconsulting.com
Fri Nov 16 00:37:46 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 5:26 PM, Josh Lavin <josh at perusion.net> wrote:
> Quoting Dan Bergan (dan at berganconsulting.com):
>> <snip>

>> > All that is academic. You are not living in CGI-land.
>> >

>> Thanks, Mike, for confirming that the standard CGI module will not work in IC.
>>
>> It appears that Net::Braintree uses CGI on only 2 lines:
>
> Did you even look at Business::OnlinePayment::Braintree? That is what
> you should be using... It interfaces with Net::Braintree, and IC already
> supports BOP. Also, written by one of our own, Racke.

The Braintree module for Business::Online::Payment is using the
"server to server" method of processing transactions.  The
"Transparent Redirect" method is different and is meant to greatly
reduce the PCI scope.  (YMMV)

In the Transparent Redirect method, the credit card transaction is
submitted directly to Braintree and the customer is redirected back to
ic server after the transaction.

Dan