[ic] time tag with adjust in February bug?

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Mon Apr 1 12:31:17 UTC 2013

On 04/02/2013 01:00 AM, Mike Heins wrote:
> The only way to do this properly would be to run mktime after
> each atom of adjustment, generating a new @times array, and then
> apply the next. Even then, you may not get what you think you
> are going to get.

Right, even adjusting just the month you get:

31st Mar - 1 month = 31st Feb which gets corrected to 3rd of Mar (or 2nd
if it's a leap year).  Fail already.

The only way I can think of to do this "correctly" is to use DateTime.
What I could do is check for the existence of DateTime and use that if
it's present, and fall back to the existing code otherwise.

Peter