[ic] Authorize.net questions

DB db at m-and-d.com
Mon Feb 18 19:16:55 UTC 2013

I'm looking at switching from Skipjack to Authorize.net. All of the info
I can find about using Authorize.net with IC seems to be a bit old.

Setting these variables seems simple enough:

Variable MV_PAYMENT_ID           [YourAuthorizeNetID]
Variable MV_PAYMENT_SECRET    [YourAuthorizeNetPassword]
Variable MV_PAYMENT_MODE       authorizenet

But it looks like this one is used with an outdated account type/mode
Variable MV_PAYMENT_REFERER
[http://www.yourstore.com/cgi-bin/yourICbinary.cgi/process.html]

I suppose I could still set the variable but maybe it is no longer needed?

for the transaction type I see these choices listed

Interchange 	AuthorizeNet
auth 	AUTH_ONLY
return 	CREDIT
reverse 	PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE
sale 	AUTH_CAPTURE
settle 	CAPTURE_ONLY
void 	VOID

but I'm not sure what the default is, if any. Does anyone know, or have
any words of wisdom concerning use of Authorize.net?

DB