[ic] Cart/session

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Tue Jul 30 13:43:41 UTC 2013

On 07/29/2013 09:07 PM, DB wrote:
> I had a customer complain about having his cart's contents vanish after
> leaving my site and then returning after just a few minutes. I think
> this is normal behavior for IC, but I know that many sites like Aamazon
> for example will remember a cart's contents even if I close a browser
> and then go back much later. Can IC be made to behave this way?

The default value of SessionExpire is very low, I would set this to at
least to 8 hours. Having more session files on disk isn't really a drawback,
especially compared to the loss in customer experiences.

(This should be fixed in Interchange Core as well).

The other directive is CookieLogin, which allows users to be automatically
logged in.

Regards
	Racke

Interchange Development Team