[ic] Is the more tag very inefficient?

IC ic at tvcables.co.uk
Wed Jul 31 10:23:53 UTC 2013

> The problem is that the complete search result is stored in a file in
> tmp/.
> If you don't restrict the fields with rf=, it can become large and cause
> bad performance.
>
> Also /SCAN/ is really ugly in general and not friendly to search engines.
>
> Regards
> 	Racke

Hi Racke,

I added this to the query tag and it made little difference, still 10-20x
slower on the benchmark speed, in the query tag I have:-

         type=list
         more=1
         ml="[scratch numreturn]"
         pm=1
         rf=sku description comment size thumb sale_price

I get the impression its returning every row though which is causing the
time delay.

Regards,
Andy