[ic] ExtraSecure and special_pages/violation - PATCH

Angus Rogerson arogerso at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Nov 6 15:53:17 UTC 2013

On 2013-10-30, at 9:37 AM, Jon Jensen wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Oct 2013, Angus Rogerson wrote:
>
>> In an email exchange ending with http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2009-December/051506.html,
>> Jon and Tom described a solution for better behaviour for the ExtraSecure feature.
>>
>> In an email http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2013-May/054042.html, Paul hints at the need for similar functionality.
>>
>> The patch below implements this feature in 5.8.0. Sorry, I don't have git.
>>
>> With this patch, the user gets a 301 redirect to the secure version of the page instead of the violation page. The logGlobal uses some non-standard CGI values which would need to be added to @Map in Vend::Server.
>
> Thanks for sending that, Angus. You mention that you needed to change something in Vend::Server. Will you please send a patch for that too so we can consider the whole set of changes together?

Sorry about the delay. Please find attached patch which adds script_uri to list (@Map) of environment variables to copy to CGI. This is used to log anytime the bounce happens so we can identify who is sending people to the non-secure page.

Angus

---
Angus Rogerson, BMath, BScN, RN

Duct Tape Programmer
University of Waterloo | Retail Services | Information Systems

Visit Us Online & Right On Campus www.retailservices.uwaterloo.ca