[ic] Page layout organization

David Etheredge David_e at charter.net
Fri Apr 4 22:53:40 UTC 2014

I am using the leftonly page pattern on my new site and the old site.
However, the files have change and I cannot find where to place my custom
menus to fit in the left column.

I am using custom menus because the item list contains many things that I do
not want customers to see or order. ( 1 time specials, donations, service
and repair items, etc ). I also have some information only pages on the site
that can not come from the item list.

To see how the menus show up under 4.9.3, see:
http://huldaclarkparazapper.com

However, on the new site under 5.8.0 the left column is blank. The
collapsible tree is completely unsuitable for my site.

I need to know where to place my custom menu.

It appears that it is basically defined here in
../catalogs/petz/include/layout/leftonly :

{{LEFT}}

If that is correct, where is LEFT defined? Otherwise, in what file and where
should my menu be placed?

TIA,

David