[ic] [interchange] * As of Jan 31, 2014 Authorize.Net stopped accepting a transaction ID

Josh Lavin josh at perusion.com
Sun Feb 2 19:30:34 UTC 2014

Quoting DB (db at m-and-d.com):
> >> commit fa1459c62982dc7bd57bb92f5f1b391ec111be2c
> >> Author: Mike Heins <heins at icdevgroup.com>
> >> Date:   Fri Jan 31 12:41:20 2014 -0500
> >>
> >>     * As of Jan 31, 2014 Authorize.Net stopped accepting a transaction ID
> >>       on transaction types that don't need it. That should be AUTH_ONLY
> >>       and AUTH_CAPTURE, though I am waiting on a definitive pronouncement
> >>       from them.
> >
> > Heads up to all who use Vend::Payment::AuthorizeNet -- if you are having
> > troubles, and you routinely provide an order_id as a part of your charge
> > transaction, then this might be your trouble. I had a client go down
> > for payments today.
> >
> > I solved it with the above patch.
> >
> > Still waiting for a pronouncement from AuthNet support. Will update if
> > there is anything of interest that comes from them.
>

> I use Authorize.net and orders seem to be still arriving. What type of
> problems would I see?

We saw the error with the transaction type of "sale". It was something
like:

"Real-time charge failed. Reason: Authorizenet error: The transaction ID
is invalid or not present.. Please call in your order or try again."

I get why Anet doesn't want to see the TID in this case, but pretty poor
of them to change this overnight with no warnings.

--
Josh Lavin
... ask me about job opportunities ...