[ic] undefined carts on upgrade

Josh Lavin josh at perusion.com
Mon Jan 6 15:54:38 UTC 2014

Quoting David Etheredge (David_e at charter.net):
> Set up the Standard catalog in a blank /public_html.
>
> Something apparantly was not set up correct as file ownerships and
> permissions did not match.
>
> Manually corrected as best as possible.
>
> I am back to getting the same errors.
>
> Enabled debugging and tracing. This is what I get in icdebug on
> interchange restart.:

Gert suggested installing the standard catalog. Good job trying that. I
would take it one step further and install the standard catalog on a
fresh dedicated server or VPS.

For example, see:
http://www.pajamian.dhs.org/Rackspace%20Interchange%20Setup.html

These kinds of problems are completely related to your server setup;
they are not normal.

If you do this, then you will be able to have a running Interchange
server. Then you can start to play with other systems, etc, but at least
you will have a base that works.

If you want to persist with your current server setup which is causing
you to pull your hair out, then I would recommend a competent
consultant, who may be able to help.

--
Josh Lavin
... ask me about job opportunities ...