[ic] Session cross over for Interchange

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Fri Jan 10 16:40:53 UTC 2014

There are a number of scenarios where we can't flip the switch and moving an existing
project to Interchange6, so we deal with intermediary situations where both versions
are running:

1. Part of frontend store in Interchange6 for testing/evaluation purposes

2. Frontend Interchange6, Backend Interchange5

3. Normal store Interchange5, new mobile store Interchange6

A lot of information can be shared through the database. We can put carts for
customers and anonymous carts into the database and both sides can access them,
which is also useful for cart recovery and other things.

It is more complicated with sessions, as the layout is really different between
Dancer and Interchange5.

My idea is as follows:

* Interchange6 uses Dancer::Session::DBIC as session storage (already done).

* Write Vend::Session6 for Interchange5 which writes to the table layout
  used in Interchange6

* Write flexible filter that is applied when writing/reading from Interchange5
  so we can keep both data inside without conflicts

Thoughts?

Regards
        Racke

Interchange Development Team