[ic] Shipping in Interchange 6

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Sat Jul 26 03:34:38 UTC 2014

> The conditions are in a tree structure and a shipment rate belongs
> the root node of one these conditions.

I'm not sure why this warrants the complexity of a tree (perhaps a
better example?), but:

> Adjacency list
> Nested set
> Closure table (aka bridge table)
> Materialized path (path enumeration)

Adjacency list should be ruled out if we still want to support MySQL (no CTEs!)

I think any of the others will be fine. The data set will be so small I don't
think relative read or write speed should really matter. I would find one
that is familiar to whomever wants to champion/write it. FWIW, I prefer
nested set for smallish data sets.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
End Point Corporation
PGP Key: 0x14964AC8