[ic] Amazon & Ebay

William Carr bill at bottlenose-wine.com
Sun Oct 12 13:09:37 UTC 2014

On Sep 24, 2014, at 2:39 AM, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) <racke at linuxia.de> wrote:

> On 07/09/2014 09:54 AM, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
>> We are going to start a project to provide easy to use + install interfaces for Amazon and Ebay
>> for Interchange 6, similar to the one available for Magento and other Ecommerce software.
>> It should be also possible to use this in conjunction with Interchange 5.
>>
>> With your help this becomes a successful project, e.g. through
>>
>> * Feedback / Experiences with Amazon / Ebay and Perl modules
>> * Feature suggestions
>> * Developing time
>> * Documentation
>> * Testing
>> * Funds
>>

> We started this project. Amazon isn't really fun as they don't provide any real
> development environment and also you have to get a pro account.
I'm not quite sure what an "interface for Amazon" is.

If the goal is to make an easy install of Interchange 6 in the AWS environment we should be able to create an Amazon Machine Image (AMI) from an EC2 instance with Interchange 6 all setup and ready to go. Other users could then use this AMI to launch their own EC2 instances and be up and running with IC6.

In AWS the EC2 t1.micro instances are free. I have an account with AWS. I'm not sure it it's pro or not.

Bill Carr
bill at bottlenose-wine.com