[ic] Interchange6::Schema question

Jeff Boes jeff at endpoint.com
Mon Sep 29 18:15:08 UTC 2014

(Normally, I would pester the folks involved on IRC, but I haven't been able to match up schedules with them lately.)

The "User" class has this:

__PACKAGE__->add_columns(
  "password",
  { ...
   encode_args         => { key_nul => 1, cost => 14 },
  ...}
...);

I've determined that the "cost => 14" slows down my database loading script quite a bit: setting it to "1" lets it
complete in 15 mins. or so, while "14" means it takes several hours.

For the purposes of development, I really don't need nigh-invulnerable* passwords, so I'm thinking I will leave it at
"1" for development.

So my question is: is there a convenient way to set this value without modifying the underlying source? Right now, I've
just made a local copy of Result/User.pm and changed it there, but that's the big-hammer approach.

*The Tick shout-out.

--
Jeff Boes <><
jeff at endpoint.com