[ic] Strap template slow

EA3KZ Salvador Caballé scaballe at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 23:34:25 UTC 2015

>> Any idea where can be the bottleneck?
>
> I would suggest you review the response times for page elements from
> your server via something like Firefox's Developer Tools.
>
> The Strap template does load CSS and JS from the Bootstrap CDN, as well
> as jQuery from Google's CDN. These, while fast responses, are probably
> larger files than the CSS of the original Standard template (and
> Standard inlined all its JS, as I recall).
>
> However, an adept developer would not use Strap out of the box, except
> as a baseline. You should ideally customize Bootstrap to eliminate bits
> you don't need (http://getbootstrap.com/customize/), as this will help
> to reduce the size of the Bootstrap CSS and JS.
>
> If you do away with the top navigation dropdown menu, then you can
> eliminate jQuery as well.
>
> Aside from these elements, the images are exactly the same as Standard
> catalog, and I doubt the custom CSS is much different.

Josh,

Thanks for your answer,

CSS and JS code takes about 0,5 sec on the first call, then are in cache
and are not  the most important impact in the speed, the html code takes
more then 1 second, perhaps I need a more powerful server, now is
running in a EC2 instance C1.medium only for the catalog.

this is the web site: http://www.astroradio.com

I will continue looking for  to optimize the performance.

Thanks again

Salvador