[ic] OS suggestions for new server

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Mon Mar 23 16:52:36 UTC 2015

On Mon, 23 Mar 2015, DB wrote:

> Currently my production IC5 runs on a Centos5 server. Although it's
> still supported for quite some time with security patches, I think it's
> time to move to a more modern OS. Just asking "what should I use" is a
> bit too general, so instead I'll ask for opinions of just two options:
> Centos 7 and Ubuntu 14.04. Any thoughts are appreciated.

We use CentOS 7, Ubuntu 14.04, and Debian 7. They're all good OSes.

We lean towards CentOS 7 for Perl and Interchange stuff in particular, but
we will probably build our own RPMs based on Perl 5.20, since CentOS 7
comes with 5.16.3. So far we have used plenv for builds from source.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen
End Point Corporation