[ic] Conference 2015

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Wed May 20 12:03:44 UTC 2015

On 03/31/2015 04:10 PM, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> Yesterday on the IRC meeting we came up with the following plan for this year's conference:
>
> Location
>
> We decided to change the location after two successful years at the Westbranch venue to the Vienna area in Austria.
> This makes it easier for European people to attend while we still get the main developers from the states.
> Visiting Vienna is definitely a highlight (rated best in travel by Lonely Planet [1]) while prices are reasonable and we can cut good hotel deals.
>
> Topic
>
> The conference title will stay "Perl::Dancer Conference", but we will focus on several related themes such as Ecommerce, mobile web + payment,
> Dancer and DBIx::Class. Please let us know what interests you most.
>
> Dates
>
> We plan for the week of 19th-23th October. Please let us know whether these dates fit in your schedule or not.

The dates are now fixed - 19th to 22th October:

19th October - hackathon
20th October - Dancer training
21th+22th October - main conference

We are now working on picking a venue for the event.

There is no good reason to skip the conference - we already have 15 confirmed participants including one
Dancer guru from Australia :-)

It will be very interesting and lots of fun!

Regards
	Racke

--
Modern Perl, Dancer and eCommerce consulting.