[ic] URL pages based on locale.

S. Caballe scaballe at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 15:24:48 UTC 2015

On 17/11/15 16:07, David Christensen wrote:
> Hi Salvadore,
>
> We’ve done this sort of thing before; you can use either a website rewrite (setting a particular CGI variable) or a special ActionMap combined with an autoload to set the actual locale inside IC.
>
> Your catalog of course needs to respect this variable and adapt things accordingly.
>
> HTH,
>
> David
> ----
>> On Nov 16, 2015, at 4:51 PM, Salvador Caballe <scaballe at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have a multilingual interchange catalog but according the Google multilingual guidelines,
>>
>> https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/182192?hl=en&ref_topic=2370587
>>
>> This document recommended to use a different URL structure for each language.
>>

>> Is there any way to configure interchange to use different URL for the same catalog based in locale.
>>
>> For example:
>>
>> http://www.store.com/index.html default language
>> http://www.store.com/fr/index.html French
>> http://www.store.com/es/index.html Spanish
>>
>> Or different domain or Subdomain always running in the same catalog.

David,

Thanks for the info,

No problem to set the locale settings in Interchange, now is running with 4
languages

But I don't know how use different url structure for different locale setting,

a simple solution would be configure the catalog product pages, with different
domains or subdomain but I not found information about it.

(although I believe nothing is impossible to interchange )

Salvador