[ic] Running Interchange 5 with Plack

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Sat Sep 12 02:18:32 UTC 2015

On Fri, 11 Sep 2015, Sam Batschelet wrote:

>> I'm really surprised that Plack will work with a compiled C binary.
>> You're positive you weren't somehow running the Perl vlink.pl instead?
>> If they're in the same directory I would be suspicious that
>> Plack::App::CGIBin is getting fancy inferring the .pl suffix or
>> something.
>
> Yes this does seem amazing, to confirm I added the strace output to my
> gist for review.
>
> https://gist.github.com/sbatschelet/69550995a42795d6ab9e#file-trace-txt

Uh, that looks actually much weirder than I expected: It appears to be
because of course the Interchange daemon doesn't die after each request. I
have no idea how it's getting the request data in and the response data
out, since Interchange does that through a socket with the link program.
Some intense magic going on there.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen