[ic] Strap

Josh Lavin jlavin at endpoint.com
Fri Sep 25 17:30:50 UTC 2015

Quoting Frank Reitzenstein (frank at aussievitamin.com):
> I downloaded the zip file of the Strap Template from here
> https://github.com/jdigory/strap

Hi Frank, glad you are able to give it a try.

> So here is my Strap cart out of the box.
> http://new.aussievitamin.com/cgi-bin/strap/Painting-Supplies/Sandpaper
>
> There are two problems. Firstly if I type in a silly page name the
> "page not found error" does not log in
> /var/lib/interchange/strap/logs/error.log

This is not something the Strap or Standard templates offer
out-of-the-box. You can modify special_pages/missing.html to do this,
if you like.

> Also as you can see from the link above there is an error when you visit
> that, which does not log.

Yes, this is a known bug with some installs of both the Strap and
Standard templates.

It affects the use of $Tag in catalog.cfg, which is used by the 'ncheck'
subroutine on the category pages.

I have seen it affect Perl 5.14.1 and 5.22.0 -- but I have also seen a
working 5.14.1.

What version of Perl were you using? You may try something like 5.12 and
see if that works.

> However there are occasional entries in the log.
>
> - - - [25/September/2015:19:46:47 +0800] strap - table stock_alert index
> failed: ERROR:  relation "stock_alert" does not exist
> - - - [25/September/2015:19:46:47 +0800] strap - table 'stock_alert'
> failed: list_fields execute on stock_alert: ERROR:  relation
> "stock_alert" does not exist
> LINE 1: SELECT * FROM stock_alert WHERE 2 = 1
>                        ^ at /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm
> line 1863.

You appear to be missing the stock_alert table. If you are trying to use
Strap with an existing database, you will need to create this table. See
dbconf/mysql/stock_alert.mysql, for example.

Using Interchange's makecat command would have created this table for
you, along with the others.

--
Josh Lavin
End Point Corporation