[ic] IC 5.10 blank store setup

Klaatu IC icgort33 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 04:22:35 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 12:38 AM,  <dev2 at adeux.net> wrote:

> So really my question is, I think, how do you go about defining your own custom template catalog?
>
> In my case based on strap but cutting out everything except the admin interface and a blank index page to start from?

Totally understand using IC for a non shopping site. Even better these
days as Strap makes it so easy to create a device friendly data
driven/portal type of site.

Strap just like Standard and Foundation templates before it has many
useful things in it i.e. Create account, Lost password, serios
ecommerce, as well as many examples of IC tags and how they are used.

Its all stuff that can be easily hidden though or deleted i.e. you
could just delete everything in the pages directory except for
index.html, delete all menu items and start building a site from
there.

Creating a custom template that can be used with makecat is a bit more
work however as a shortcut you can just customise your own vanilla IC
site based on Strap. Then copy your entire catalog and use it with
another domain/project etc after changing the DB and path variables
etc.